[Koha] as_usmarc error / biblio encoding

Rachel Hollis Rachel.Hollis at stevenshenager.edu
Fri Jul 17 06:42:39 NZST 2009

Thank you for your reply, Sébastien. I do not consider you a newbie :-) because your replies are so helpful. I did check a couple of random biblios and found that those checked had 000/9 set as UCS/Unicode. Obviously there have been some changes since the years when I was expected to produce perfect catalog records and I'm more out of the loop than I realize.

Thank you for suggesting $ yaz-marcdump, I will leave that to my geek. The "can't call method 'as_usmarc' on an undefined value" error is a bit annoying and we are seeing it more now. For instance, "resumes" and "jobs" searches result in the error but "640.14" searches show the materials. Searching "atlas" and "maps" has the error but "map" does not as well as "medical" but not "medical dictionary." I read somewhere that the error may have something to do with an incompatibility with Marc favors in the database. Whatever the issue, I'd like it to be resolved and am not sure where to start.

Rachel Hollis, librarian
Stevens-Henager College, Boise Idaho Campus