[Koha] koha doubts

Krishnan M kmlist at yahoo.in
Thu Jul 16 23:04:05 NZST 2009

Hello,
Sidestepping your query about Zebra: for a few books (that's in thousands), i don't think you need zebra, and you need not bother with it at the moment.
Many of the queries that you pose have excellent guides at:http://koha.org/documentation
BTW, adding a Marc record is not "easy" if you have no background in cataloguing. My workaround has been to create a custom MARC framework that only needs me to input a handful of the most obvious information about a book to create a record. This framework is for the use of the layman, not the librarian. (i was hoping to contribute it to the codebase for future inclusion, but haven't got around to doing so yet)
My expectation and understanding is that people post to this list when they encounter something that is unusual/not documented/doesn't work as expected, etc.
Regards,krishnan