[Koha] Cataloguers level

Sébastien Hinderer Sebastien.Hinderer at snv.jussieu.fr
Mon Jul 13 20:37:20 NZST 2009

Hi Hugo,

> We re trying to creare diffferent cataloguers level, in order to let
> non librarían do a light cataloguong but we cant ser how

If you have someone able to do a bit of developent for you, perhaps you
could patch Koha so that, depending on who is cataloguing, the records
go either directly in the catalogue (if the cataloguer is a librarian),
or in the reservoir (if the cataloguer is not a professinal librarian=.
In case you don't know: reservoir is the place where marc records go
whenyou do a stage parc records for import (tools section in the staff
client).
That being said I'm a Koha newbie so I'd love to read coments upon this
suggestion. Is the reservoir the right place ?
Wouldn't it be better to make records catalogued by non-professional
non-visible at OPAC (thanks to the opac-suppression syspref) ? In that
case, is there a way for a professional librarian to se all the recods
that do not show up at OPAC and validate them ?

Cheers,
Sébastien.