[Koha] Holds

Kyle Hall kyle.m.hall at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 02:29:41 NZST 2009

> It appears that there's no way to get a list of holds to be pulled
> emailed automatically, i.e., staff need to run the "Holds to pull"
> report manually on a regular basis. Is this correct?

I imagine you could set up a cronjob that periodically e-mails that report.

> What should happen next? The report says "The following holds have not
> been filled. Please retrieve them and check them in." What does "check
> in" mean here? We shouldn't check the material out to the patron as
> s/he won't have it in hand yet.

When you run the item through the checkin screen, it will tell you
that there is a request for this item and ask you to fulfill the hold
with it.

> The OPAC updates the item's status to "On hold", so that's taken care
> of, but patrons have no indication of how many patrons are ahead of
> them in the queue. Is this a new feature that others would like to see
> as well?

That certainly could be added, but I imagine patrons would get upset
if they found they had been bumped down the list for some reason.
Other than that non-technical issue, it would not be very difficult.

> Any other changes in holds management planned for v3.2?

I haven't heard of anything. I wrote a large reserves update awhile
back for dev_week that has been on the todo list for 3.x, but hasn't
made it in yet.

Kyle