[Koha] safe way

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Wed Jul 8 18:06:19 NZST 2009

2009/7/8 Jonson philip <superjojo1000 at gmail.com>:
> hi list
> is it safe way to rebuild zebra by crontab every 1 or 5 mins to indexing my
> new records , i'm really worry about my catalig to losing my data when
> records become more 100.000 or 200.000 records , is it crontab  safing to
> use it ? i know there are anther solution to indexing problem but i can't
> found it because i believe that koha an integrated system  no way this
> problem in it .... so is crontab sae when records become 200.000 or more or
> any one have a perfect solution for indexing problem ..... thank's = mailing
> list very helpful

Yes, because rebuild_zebra is run with the -z switch it only indexes
the records that have changed, it doesn't reindex everything. Just
what has changed since last time it ran.
It's perfectly safe and libraries all over the world (quite a few who
have significantly more than 200,000 records) run it this way.

Chris