[Koha] New local use preferences

Scott Zollars ScottZ at labette.edu
Wed Jul 8 08:21:36 NZST 2009

We went live with Koha on June 1st. We are still trying to get our
reports up and running and deal with past circ issues. I will probably
be sending a "few" messages in the next day or so. This will prevent me
from throwing the computer out the window and hitting my assistant,
something that HR tends to frown on, let alone the IT department.
Anyway, question #1.:

There seems to be two new local use preferences in the system admin
since I set up things to go live, itembarcodelength and
patronbarcodelength. I have looked in the manual and wasn't able to
locate anything too much on these. My main question is how do we input
the requested information? Do we simply put a number in each box such as
10 and 9 or do we put ten and nine nondescript numbers such as
9999999999 and 999999999 or letters XXXXXXXXXX and XXXXXXXXX?

Scotty Zollars

Director of Library Services

Labette Community College

200 S. 14th