[Koha] indexing failed

Ian Bays ian.bays at ptfs-europe.com
Sun Jul 5 02:23:13 NZST 2009

Hi Jonson,

Some variants of Linux (including Debian) have a zebrasrv running as a daemon which picks up records from the zebraqueue.  Other variants of Linux (including Centos and Suse I think) do not have a daemon program so you would need to set up a crontab to run rebuild_zebra.pl with the -z option (and -a and -b) which just picks up changes since the last rebuild_zebra run.  I think there is advice in the installation guides on the frequency for running this in crontab, but I recall it is maybe every couple of minutes.

This is just a pointer rather than a step-by-step.  I guess being 4th July all the experts are setting off their fireworks and lighting their barbecues.

Where in Africa is your installation?

Hope this helps you.

Ian Bays
Director of Projects