[Koha] Problems installing ZOOM

Stefano Bargioni bargioni at pusc.it
Thu Jul 2 21:52:59 NZST 2009

The solution proposed by Zeno worked well. Thanks a lot.

Anyway, the INSTALL.debian-lenny document file doesn't speak about it
at all, if I am not wrong. The only info comes from the
perl Makefile.PL
that lists warnings for not found Perl modules. So I installed a lot
of them using
perl -MCPAN -e shell
but ZOOM.

gonzalez at famaf.unc.edu.ar wrote:

> I install that module using cpan.
>
> try running
> cpan -i Net::Z3950::ZOOM
>
> or
> perl -MCPAN -e shell
> cpan> force install Net::Z3950::ZOOM
>
> There are tests that fail because the connection attempt to
> z3950.indexdata fails.

This was my first choice. It fails with the message
'/usr/bin/perl Makefile.PL INSTALLDIRS=site' returned status 512,
won't make
Maybe a better cpan configuration could avoid this.
Bye. Stefano