[Koha] Seperation of Schools within Koha

Joe Atzberger ohiocore at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 19:48:29 NZST 2009

Obviously, not without building a bunch of extra stuff.  You would need to
know:

   - What "level" is a given title (assume all items of the title are the
   same)?
   - What "level" is a given student?
   - How would zebra index the idea of "level"?
   - How do you know what the user's "level" is when the student isn't
   logged in?

None of these things are built into Koha anywhere.  Even if you get
"Accelerated Reader" levels for some of your MARC records, for example, the
main failure point will be that most of your books will not be classified as
neatly as your question suggests.

In my opinion, having automated 250+ K-12 libraries, this approach is a
waste of time.  It's good to have descriptive data that adds context to a
search, but requiring that data for *every* record and forcing limits based
on it has been largely unsuccessful, leading to fewer hits for valid
searches, in my experience.
--
Joe Atzberger
LibLime - Open Source Library Solutions