[Koha] Hide bibliographic records

Galen Charlton galen.charlton at liblime.com
Thu Jul 2 01:45:48 NZST 2009

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 5:04 AM, MJ Ray<mjr at phonecoop.coop> wrote:
> "Michael Leung (SIL)" <ykleung7 at msn.com> wrote:
>> Is it possible to set a bibliographic record(s) that only show to the user
>> who has login to the OPAC. That means this bibliographic record would not be
>> shown in OPAC for general user or guest who is not the patron of the
>> library.
>
> As I understand it, OpacSupression does this for the whole catalogue,
> but it isn't yet possible for individual records.  I am interested in
> adding such a feature, as well as restricting records to particular
> patron categories.  Would many people be interested in this?

To clarify, turning on the OpacSupression syspref enables the
capability to suppress OPAC display of individual records.  To
actually suppress a particular bib record, it's still necessary to set
the 942$n subfield to 1 (if you're using the MARC21 frameworks).

Enhancing the OPAC suppression feature so that you can specify that
certain records are to be visible only if the user is logged on to the
OPAC belongs to particular patron category would be useful
developments.

Regards,

Galen
--