[Koha] Installing koha 3.00.00 in ubuntu 8.10

gustavo gustavobiblio at h12o.es
Sat Jan 31 03:47:39 NZDT 2009

two options:

1. installing from apt-get

koha:~# apt-cache search yaz
libnet-z3950-zoom-perl - Perl extension implementing the ZOOM API for
Information Retrieval via Z39.50
libyaz3 - The YAZ Z39.50 toolkit (runtime files)
libyaz3-dev - The YAZ Z39.50 toolkit (development files)
yaz - The YAZ Z39.50 toolkit (utilities)
yaz-doc - The YAZ Z39.50 toolkit (documentation)
yaz-icu - command line utility for ICU utilities of YAZ
yaz-illclient - utility for ISO ILL of YAZ

you have to install yaz with "apt-get install yaz
libnet-z3950-zoom-perl" commnad

2 if is there some problem with the yaz's version, you can  download yaz
sources and make a debian package from it. I did it.

http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=ubuntu_amd64

arun kumar escribió:
> Hi friends,
>
>                    i have succesfully installed koha-3.00.00 in
> ubuntu-8.10  by reading the manual from the site www.blazingmoon.org
> <http://www.blazingmoon.org/>. it has sucessful installed koha3.00.00,
> that is opac,intranet,staff client,cpan modules.
>
> but my problem is Yaz is not there and my doubt is
>  1. whether yaz will not be installed through the steps which i have
> followed using blazzingmoon ,
>
>  2. or we do not need Yaz while installing koha3.00.00 in ubuntu8.10 .
>
>  3.if yaz is necessary what shall i do for that (i.e) how shall i
> install Yaz please tell me
>
>      and once again thank you for those who helped me to install
> koha-3.00.00 in ubuntu 8.10
>

> --
> WITH BEST WISHES
> ARUNKUMAR.P