[Koha] migrating .mrc records

Laura Johnson lauraj at tcoek12.org
Fri Jan 30 10:13:48 NZDT 2009

Hello,

I have installed Koha 3.00 on SUSE 10.3. I used the "staged records for
import" tool and imported approximately 7,000 records (mainly Video
Cassettes) on the web interface tools section. Then I clicked on the "import
records" button to import the records.

When I type in a keyword under the search tool, I get the following results.
(below my questions)

Is this typical response?

Shouldn't I see the titles?

Did I miss a step when importing the records?

The records came from another library system called Media Minder that lived
on Win2000, but no longer in business. I have access to a .txt file and
excel file, but thought the .mrc would be the best for importing. I used the
nonZebra program when installing Koha.

Is there more information that I need to give you to help me with this? I am
fairly new linux and mysql. I do have some background with the Follett
library software.

What is the best document to use when training other people using koha?

Thank you for your help.

5 result(s) found for 'robot'. (only copied 2 results for this email)

Results

Location

1.
<http://10.1.1.130:8080/cgi-bin/koha/catalogue/detail.pl?biblionumber=1361>

.. Traces man's evolving, sometimes imaginative theories of Mars from its
discovery centuries ago, all the way up to the soft landing of the Viking
robot. ...

No holds allowed

No items

2.
<http://10.1.1.130:8080/cgi-bin/koha/catalogue/detail.pl?biblionumber=4758>

.. USING MATHEMATICS: MATHEMATICS AND ROBOTICS ... Demonstrates how using
geometry, estimation & calculation, helps us walk down busy streets without
running into others: and looks at the challenge of creating robots that are
able to use these same "human-like" skills. Looks at a new generation of
robot users. ...

No holds allowed

No items

Sincerely,

Laura Johnson

System Administrator and Health Assistant

Trinity County Office of Education

201 Memorial Dr.

P.O. Box 1256

Weaverville, CA 96093