[Koha] OPAC availability

Jonathan Field jonathan.field at ptfs-europe.com
Fri Jan 30 01:08:30 NZDT 2009

Rachel Hollis wrote:
> Greetings colleagues, I entered several items this morning; availability
> display in the OPAC seems hit and miss. On initial search screens,
> copies available display for some items but not others. Clicking on an
> offending record shows item location, call number and status, just not
> on initial search screens. Library is set and still it is hit and miss
> with OPAC availability display. Using cataloging, I checked a sample and
> they are the same except for price, call number and barcode. Within the
> database, the items table shows no null values in homebranch. How can I
> get availability to consistently show in the OPAC? In the following
> example, we are desiring the first display of availability.
>
> 1. Tuesdays with Morrie : an old man, a young man, and life's greatest
> lesson by Albom, Mitch.
> Publisher: Broadway Books, c2007.
> Availability: Copies available at: Stevens-Henager College, Boise Campus
> 2. Autobiography of a face by Grealy, Lucy.
> Publisher: Houghton Mifflin, 1994.
> Availability:
>
> What do I need to do differently?  We’re on Koha 3.
>
> Rachel Hollis, librarian
> Stevens-Henager College, Boise Idaho Campus

Rachel,

You may want to try looking at the 942 MARC tag in the bib record?

Subfield c has the "Koha [default] item type". This may conflict with
the Item Type in the Item Holdings record. If this (the 942c) is set to
a non-available item type then the item will display as unavailable in
the OPAC regardless of what is in the Item Holdings.

Regards,
Jonathan
--

Jonathan Field