[Koha] Currency Management in KOHA

R N Pandya rnpandya at iimahd.ernet.in
Wed Jan 28 17:43:28 NZDT 2009

We are facing problem in handling currency. Can anyone help ?

Problem:

KOHA allows currency association with the Vendor at the time of
creating/modifying  a new Vendor (i.e. 1 Vendor - 1 Currency.

Generally in our situation it is not possible to have 1 Vendor - 1 Currency.
There are many orders placed with different curreny to a single vendor.
Following is an example for clarification.

BOOK 1   ordered to VENDOR-1 which is priced in USD
BOOK 2  ordered to VENDOR-1 which is priced in POUND
BOOK 3 ordered to VENDOR-1 priced in INR

Can anyone suggest how to manage such transactions in KOHA 3

Thanks

Ravindra
IIM Ahmedabad