[Koha] Koha 3.0 problems

Joe Atzberger ohiocore at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 03:24:54 NZDT 2009

Actually, #6 is the root of #1 and #2 and probably #4.  The problem with is
your system and mysql recognizing your timezone, I believe.  Test this on
the command line with the following commands:
unset TZ
date
export TZ="US/Central"
date

See what timezone your system *is* configured for (with TZ unset) and see if
the system can handle your TZ.  I'm guessing the system itself can, but
mysql doesn't like it.

So the next thing to look at are the TZ's in mysql, and updating them with *
mysql_tzinfo_to_sql*<http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/mysql-tzinfo-to-sql.html>
:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/mysql-tzinfo-to-sql.html

Note, your sysadmin can run (and even schedule) rebuild_zebra.pl without
setting TZ, just to get you started.

As for #5, the normalized call number for sorting is the call number...
normalized for sorting.  That is, certain classes of characters that are to
be treated as equivalents are mapped to a common character.  In your
example, it looks like whitespace is mapped to "_".
Basically, don't worry about it unless call number order elsewhere seems not
to be accurate.

That leaves really only #3, for which you should check that you have the
best version of your barcode font installed, or try to characterize which
data "blocks out" and which prints OK.

--Joe Atzberger