[Koha] OPAC templates question

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Wed Jan 21 13:02:08 NZDT 2009

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 6:02 PM, Doug Dearden <dearden at sarsf.org> wrote:
> Hi,
> Let me preface by saying that our local template wizard (Liz) is off
> today and I'm anxious for an answer...so I thought I'd ask the list.
>
> In Koha 3 on the template koha/opac-search.pl, is there an easy way to
>
> have the $n and $p of the 245 display on the hit list?
>
> This is an issue in both the staff client and the OPAC with graphic
> novels, such as Naruto.  Without the $p or $n showing up in the hit
> list, a patron or staff member can't easily determine which of the 34
>
> volumes of Naruto they want to request.
>
> Is this a change that can be made on our local set of templates or
> would others in the koha community appreciate seeing the entire 245 on
>
> the opac-search and opac-detail screens?
>
> Sharon Moreland
> NEKLS/NExpress shared catalog
>
> www.nexpresslibrary.org

> Sharon,
>
> I think what you are trying to do can be accomplished using the staff
> client and chaning the values in the 245 n and p subfields "hidden"
> attribute.  See this page in the documentation, and read about the
> different values that can be used in the "hidden" attribute.
>
> https://sites.google.com/a/liblime.com/koha-manual/Home/Table-of-Contents/administration/Manual--Catalog/Catalog--MARC-Bibliographic-Frameworks.
>
> Make sure you make the changes to the framework that is used to catalog
> the items in question.
That will work if you have XSL display OFF, which is not generally
recommended (it's the old way to do it).

The best way to do it is to edit your XSL stylesheets, which are
stored in the template directory, but will survive an update safely.

Cheers,

Josh

CEO                         migration, training, maintenance, support