[Koha] OPAC templates question

Doug Dearden dearden at sarsf.org
Wed Jan 21 12:02:46 NZDT 2009

>>> Sharon Moreland <smoreland at nekls.org> 1/20/2009 2:50 PM >>>
Hi,
Let me preface by saying that our local template wizard (Liz) is off
today and I'm anxious for an answer...so I thought I'd ask the list.

In Koha 3 on the template koha/opac-search.pl, is there an easy way to

have the $n and $p of the 245 display on the hit list?

This is an issue in both the staff client and the OPAC with graphic
novels, such as Naruto.  Without the $p or $n showing up in the hit
list, a patron or staff member can't easily determine which of the 34

volumes of Naruto they want to request.

Is this a change that can be made on our local set of templates or
would others in the koha community appreciate seeing the entire 245 on

the opac-search and opac-detail screens?

Sharon Moreland
NEKLS/NExpress shared catalog

www.nexpresslibrary.org

Sharon,

I think what you are trying to do can be accomplished using the staff
client and chaning the values in the 245 n and p subfields "hidden"
attribute.  See this page in the documentation, and read about the
different values that can be used in the "hidden" attribute.

https://sites.google.com/a/liblime.com/koha-manual/Home/Table-of-Contents/administration/Manual--Catalog/Catalog--MARC-Bibliographic-Frameworks.

Make sure you make the changes to the framework that is used to catalog
the items in question.

Best,

Doug