[Koha] z39.50 import - mismatched fields?

Paul Fisher paul.fisher at mail.rit.edu
Thu Jan 15 06:43:40 NZDT 2009

I'm now having some problems with z39.50 import -- it seems that the
import is populating the wrong fields.  If I import ISBN 0471735574 from
the LOC, it puts one of the authors (Montgomery, Douglas C.) into the
"General Processing Data" field and puts "Includes index." into the
Uniform Title, and there's no actual title ("Engineering Statistics")
anywhere.

That and there's a "(*) Nom de institution à laquelle s'applique cette
zone" which I have no idea what that is, but it's mandatory.

The error message I get when I try to save an imported record is:
> Can't save this record because the following field aren't filled :
>
> 	* tag 200 subfield 5 (*) Nom de institution in tab 2
> 	* tag 200 subfield a Title Proper in tab 2
> 	* tag 200 subfield e Other Title Informatio in tab 2
> 	* tag 210 subfield b Address of Publisher,  in tab 2
> 	* tag 606 subfield a Entry Element in tab 6
> 	* tag 610 subfield a Subject Term in tab 6

Thanks in advance (again).

Paul Fisher