[Koha] Running koha from removable media

James Leech James.Leech at slq.qld.gov.au
Wed Jan 14 15:39:12 NZDT 2009

Hello

Has anyone ever heard of anyone attempting to run a simple library
management system off a USB Stick?

With USB sticks getting larger, and various solutions offering to boot
Linux from your portable USB stick, would it be possible to run a
version of koha that could manage a small library collection?  I'm not
very cluey about client / database solutions, but I noticed one post
mentioning Koha running on a standalone PC with the client accessing the
localhost.

Also, how large would a koha installation be?

Cheerio,

James

James Leech  Project officer - Keeping Culture Strong

State Library of Queensland - Cairns  Reef Terminal Building  Level 1, 1
Spence Street, Cairns  Qld  4870  P.O. Box 2352, Cairns, 4870

mob:  0407 674 378   wk:(07) 4031 3232    hm: (07) 4095 2724    fax:
(07) 4031 1234

This e-mail, together with any attachments, is intended for the named recipient(s) only. This e-mail may contain information which is confidential, of a private nature or which is subject to legal professional privilege or copyright. Accordingly, any form of disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication of this email message is prohibited unless expressly authorised by the sender acting with the authority of or on behalf of the Library Board of Queensland.

If you have received this email by mistake, please inform the sender as soon as possible and delete the message and any copies of this message from your computer system network.

The confidentiality, privacy or legal professional privilege attached to this email is not waived or destroyed by that mistake.

The State Library of Queensland uses virus scanning software.  However, it is your responsibility to ensure that this email does not contain and is not infected by a computer virus.

Unless expressly attributed, the views expressed in this email do not necessarily represent the views of the Library Board of Queensland.