[Koha] record matching rules

Rachel Hollis Rachel.Hollis at stevenshenager.edu
Fri Jan 9 08:04:02 NZDT 2009

Greetings, your matching is very similar to the one I have one for OCLC. Mine is:

Threshold - 1000
Search index: ocm
Score: 1000
Tag: 035
Subfield: a
Offset: 0
Length: 0

The main difference is Tag and Length. MARC tag 035 is for OCLC and 020 is for ISBN. The manual does say that length is for the "numeric value representing the number of characters/bytes to match in the string" and while I've loaded only a small number of records - touch wood - overlaying brief records has worked fine. I did add match points to both ISSN (MARC 022) and ISBN (020) with title march (245) as some records share an ISBN or ISSN. I did not add a match point to OCLC Number as they are unique. I hope this helps,

Rachel Hollis, librarian
Stevens-Henager College, Boise Idaho Campus