[Koha] Koha + LDAP

Chris Hendrickx chris.hendrickx at sanctamaria-aarschot.be
Thu Jan 8 21:47:13 NZDT 2009

Hi,

Indeed, when you get stuck you start trying things.

I reverted to the original setup (Auth + Auth_with_ldap) and got the
site back.

The problem I see in the logs is that the login/password combination
is not validated by the LDAP. When I try with a non-existing user it
returns something like "0 objects found". So it passes information to
the ldap server and gets a reply. This ldap is also used for samba
(windows login in the classrooms), horde (e-mail), Moodle (Open
learning platform) and some smaller tools. So I don't want to touch
LDAP too much (in fact, I did that and nothing was working anymore,...
one week work to get things running smooth again)

Does anybody know about some encryption that is used by Koha? Our
server is set to "simple" and maybe Koha tries to encrypt the
password? Or is this also only for older versions?

Thanks for some replies anyway!