[Koha] Glitches, thoughts and potential bugs when adding orders in Koha 3.0

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Sat Jan 3 14:13:37 NZDT 2009

Rachel Hamilton-Williams <rachel at katipo.co.nz> wrote:
> Doesn't the library need to programme each barcode reader to send an
> "enter" command? That should mean that they can control the behaviour?
> IE so that if they don't want the barcode reader to send an enter &
> submit the form, then they don't set them to do it?

My oldest barcode reader here (PS/2 type) sends enter after a barcode
and it's not programmable.  It would be very good to have barcode as
the last field whenever possible and things like submitting a form
with too few barcodes to simply redisplay the form, but I think/hope
these old barcode readers are dying out in favour of USB HID ones, so
maybe it's a niche requirement.

Hope that helps,
--
MJ Ray (slef)