[Koha] Importing records

John Wesley Simpson Hibbs john at swajime.com
Thu Jan 1 04:56:35 NZDT 2009

Krishnan,

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I would definitely be interested in your video.  Meanwhile I'll try your
suggestion.

I've been pulling my hair out trying to install ‡biblios as Joe
suggested:
The instructions at http://biblios.org/docs/install-embedded-koha say
"‡biblios requires the following components: ... PazPar2 ... )
    # cd pazpar2-1.0.9
    # ./configure
    ... checking for yaz-config... NONE
    ... checking for YAZ... Not found
    ... configure: error: YAZ development libraries missing
    # aptitude install yaz
    ... The following packages are BROKEN: libyaz3
    ... The following NEW packages will be installed: yaz
    ... The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    ...    libyaz3: Depends: libicu36 but it is not installable
    ... The following actions will resolve these dependencies:
    ...    Install the following packages: libyaz3
    ...    Keep the following packages at their current version: yaz
[Not Installed]    Score is -9909
    ...        Accept this solution? [Y/n/q/?] n
    ...  ( last 4 lines repeated TWELVE times ... How many times have
YOU rejected the same solution 12 times in a row without giving up and
choosing [q]? )
    ... The following actions will resolve these dependencies:
    ...    Install the following packages: libyaz3 yaz    Score is -9948
    ...        Accept this solution? [Y/n/q/?] y
    # ./configure
    ... checking for yaz-config... NONE
    ... checking for YAZ... Not found
    ... configure: error: YAZ development libraries missing
    # aptitude install libyaz-dev
    ... The following packages are BROKEN: libyaz3
    ... The following NEW packages will be installed: libwrap0-dev
libxml2-dev libxslt1-dev libyaz libyaz-dev yaz-doc
    ... The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    ...    libyaz: Conflicts: libyaz but 2.1.54-1 is to be installed.
    ... The following actions will resolve these dependencies:
    ...    Remove the following packages: yaz
    ...    Downgrade the following packages: libyaz3    Score is 89
    ...        Accept this solution? [Y/n/q/?] y
    # ./configure
    ... checking for yaz-config... /usr/bin/yaz-config
    ... checking for YAZ... /usr/bin/yaz-config
    ... checking for YAZ version... 2.1.54
    ... configure: error: 2.1.54. Requires YAZ 3.0.25 or later
    # sleep

--
john