[Koha] Item Status Equivalent

kevin smith ashkev at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 07:36:41 NZDT 2009

Yesterday I asked about exporting bib and item info from Horizon, and
I decided the easiest thing to do was to add a new export target in
Horizon that puts info in the 952 tag rather than in 949.  Now I have
mapped the proper subfields to the corresponding fields shown in the
item MARC to KOHA table.  My only problem is with Item Status.  In
Horizon each item has a status defined in a single place, Item_Status.
 This could include checked in, transit, bindery, damaged, etc.

In Koha it looks as if these things do not all go into the same field,
ie circulation status is in On Loan while lost status is in Item Lost,
etc. How have others dealt with this when migrating data?

Thanks so much.

--
Kevin Smith
Assistant Director