[Koha] [SIP2] Activate checksum control

Joe Atzberger ohiocore at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 05:56:36 NZDT 2009

I don't know that checksums are entirely tested.

I think they are largely unnecessary in modern systems.  The protocol was
written expecting that the SC might be connected to ACS via a hundred feet
of serial cable, where transfer integrity was error-prone.  If you are using
today's network hardware, I think you should feel free to run without them.

That being said, you can also edit C4/SIP/Sip.pm line 38 to:
our $error_detection = 1;

and see if that doesn't accomplish what you want.  This can be considered a
bug or TODO with the SIP implementation inasmuch as the example config file
has attributes for "error-detect" that are not actually in control.

--joe