[Koha] rebuild_nozebra.pl failures: wide characters and missing end tags in MARC XML

Jeffrey LePage jeffrey_lepage at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 21 09:00:50 NZDT 2009

Joe,

Thanks for your quick response.  As you suggest, I will fix the MARC file and re-import.

However, two of the records seem to have come from an attempted import from a Z39.50 search.  It was the same book, attempted twice.  In this case there was a single wide character in one of the MARC subfields.  The result was
1) an error message (which we didn't save, sorry)
2) entries inserted into database tables biblio and biblioitems
3) no entries in the items table.

we are running Koha using MARC21.  As far as I can tell, this seems to be a reasonable choice for an English-language library.  Is it possible that the Z39.50 server that returned the offending record is running UNIMARC?

Finding a set of Z39.50 servers that consistently yield good data seems to be one of our biggest problems.  Does anyone have any experience with this problem.