[Koha] Circulation rules

Cindy Murdock cmurdock at ccfls.org
Sat Feb 21 03:39:55 NZDT 2009

Judith Nannozi wrote:
> 1. Realizing the changes/ revision I have made regarding circulation rules. I
> tried to revise the loan period of a certain category type i.e. Reserve Books
> being loaned out for 3 days other than the loan period i.e. 30 days for other
> books and the system is failing to recognize the changes.

Are you expecting the changes to your circulation rules to take effect
for existing circ transactions?  If so, this isn't how Koha
works--changing the rules will only affect new circulations.  Otherwise,
I have no idea.  Anybody else?
> 3. We shifted from CDS/ISIS library management system to koha hence had our
> database records uploaded to koha. We were initially having various datacases,
> however these were merged into one database for koha. We have noticed a
> problem with records from the range 27528-27962 which belonged to a particular
> database. These do not show/ indicate any physical items as being available.

It sounds like the item level information in this set of records might
be in a field that Koha isn't configured to look at, so the item
information might not have been imported.  Check your original records
to see if the data is in the correct field.

HTH,
Cindy