[Koha] User History

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Sat Feb 21 03:24:22 NZDT 2009

> Does anyone utilize the patrons reading history option for users?  If so
> why, and if not, why not?

We do not. I think we are like many U.S. public libraries in fearing
that storing reading history for patrons was a violation of their
privacy. I wish we *could* offer reading histories, but the process in
Koha would have to be changed if my superiors would sign off on it:

1. It would have to be controlled on a per-patron basis.
2. It would have to be opt-in. Patrons would have to give their
consent in order to enable the feature.
3. Patrons should have the ability to remove items from their reading
history (and in doing have the transaction anonymized).

I think there are a lot of features that could follow that would
really appeal to patrons, like being able to indicate in search
results and detail screens whether the logged-in user had checked out
a particular item.

  -- Owen

--
Web Developer