[Koha] Koha and OAI-PMH

Galen Charlton galen.charlton at liblime.com
Tue Feb 17 05:33:49 NZDT 2009

Hi Vimal,

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 11:20 AM, Vimal Kumar <vimal0212 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to know more about OAI-PMH feature in Koha.
> Can make use this feature to harvest metadata from a OA repository?
>
> Is it possible to search another repository through Koha OPAC?
> Now this feature read to use?

Koha 3.x can act as an OAI-PMH data provider.  It currently cannot act
as an OAI-PMH client to harvest other repositories, although it
wouldn't be hard to write such support using the OAI-Harvester family
of Perl modules [http://search.cpan.org/~thb/OAI-Harvester-1.13/] -
the main thing missing is that MARC is the only metadata format that
Koha indexes natively.

A little more information about the OAI-PMH data provider support can
be found at http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=en:development:oai-pmh .

Regards,

Galen
--