[Koha] [Koha-devel] Helping public libraries automate & standardize with Koha..

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Fri Feb 13 18:51:41 NZDT 2009

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 6:19 PM, Koustubha Kale <kmkale at anantcorp.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> We have established www.granthalaya.org a union catalouge of public
> libraries in Konkan region Maharashtra, India. We have five libraries to
> start with.We aim to cover as many of the hundreds of public libraries
> in the region as possible. The site is on Koha 3.0. Our heartfelt
> thanks  to the Koha community for making this possible.
> Through it we also aim to help public libraries in the region to
> automate and standardize their operations by helping them switch-to /
> install Koha, help them to migrate their data from other software to
> koha, help them convert their Indian Language catalouges into Unicode,
> train the staff to use koha for all library operations. Ultimately to
> interconnect all libraries on same platform.
> Please do visit www.granthalaya.org and let us have your feedback,
> suggestions and help.

Wow, India is a real hotbed of Koha activity at the moment, this, plus
K's Helping hands .. add in the Dehli Public library, and all the
other libraries running Koha, and it's pretty amazing.

Congratulations to you for getting this up and running. Please take a
look at http://translate.koha.org and see if there are any missing
languages or any languages you can help to translate.

And of course any new features or bugs you fix, we would love patches for :)

Once again congratulations and this is fantastic news

Chris