[Koha] 9XX tags

Cab Vinton bibliwho at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 05:12:59 NZDT 2009

Hi, All --

We're still doing in the midst of our recon project & I'd like to do
some batch editing of our MARC records before importing them into
Koha.

A few questions:

What's the purpose of the 994 tag? Here are a few examples from
existing records:
994  \\ $aX0 $bHSA
994  \\ $aC0 $bHSA
994  \\ $aE0 $bHSA

Re: 952 subfields:

I'm planning to omit data for the $0, $1, $4, & $7 subfields on the
assumption that Koha will automatically leave these blank (or set to
0). Is this a safe assumption?

The Item edit interface does not list the $6, $9 or $r subfields. Can
someone explain the purpose of these, & whether it would be important/
helpful for me to do something with these before importing the records
into Koha?

Finally, I'm also assuming that Koha does not care about the order of
the various subfields in each MARC record.

Thank you,

Cab Vinton, Director
Sanbornton Public Library
Sanbornton, NH