[Koha] Unhiding subfields in a MARC framework

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Mon Feb 9 01:15:36 NZDT 2009

Owen Leonard <oleonard at myacpl.org> wrote: [...must click the...]
> name to expand it. In the "Tag 942 Subfield Constraints" form under
> "Advanced constraints" it has hidden:0 which seems correct based on
> the online help:
>
>  0 => OPAC Intranet Editor !Collapsed
>
> But it is collapsed in the editor. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

I don't see how to change it either but some page addresses of what
you're looking at would help me to see whether it's a bug.  I think
there are paths through addbiblio.pl which result in fields being
hidden regardless of some values of hidden.

The rule seems to be: hide the subfield if (the hidden flag says so
and the value isn't empty) or (the value is empty and the subfield
isn't mandatory).  Then, if the tag is mandatory, show the subfield.

It seems like you want the second test to be (the value is empty and
(the subfield isn't mandatory or the hidden flag says to show it)).
Is that right?

That said, I don't understand the hidden decision code completely.

More generally, anyone know why we are using magic numbers instead of
a select for hidden in the framework editor?

Hope that helps,
--
MJ Ray (slef).  LMS developer and supporter for a small, friendly