[Koha] Setting up a machine as a lone station and searching by reading levels

Krishnan M kmlist at yahoo.in
Sat Feb 7 15:49:06 NZDT 2009

Hello Darla,

About the first question:
Its always a good idea to have your IP addresses and hostnames setup correctly regardless of whether or not you expect someone else on the network to reach you.

In any case, the 127.0.0.1 "loopback" address is available with a regular TCP/IP stack, regardless of whether you are connected to any network at all, and i am assuming you are on a Linux box.

I'd suggest that you ensure your /etc/hosts has (at least) the entry

127.0.0.1    localhost.localdomain    localhost

Then, everywhere else (in your httpd.conf or koha-httpd.conf), just use the hostname localhost and you should be fine.

When you are ready for network users, add your hostname and IP address to /etc/hosts, ensure your hostname is set correctly( create /etc/hostname with your hostname, and try /bin/hostname -F /etc/hostname), and replace this hostname in place of localhost in Apache and other configuration files.

About the second part: i am not able to answer this

regards,
krishnan