[Koha] speeding things up--barcoding our collection

Marty ontariowolf64 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 5 05:29:09 NZDT 2009

When we started with Koha we had a somewhat similar situation; we did have all items in csv format, but no barcodes whatsoever.
We entered barcodes either directly in the database or through the csv file (Can't remember exactly, it has been a while). We printed all barcodes (about 6000) with kbarcode (kbarcode.net) because it can do all kinds of barcodes in great quantities. kbarcode can read from the database, which is a great thing, you can link other numbers to the barcode, or print spine labels from the database. hope this little bit helps.

Marty