[Koha] Can't install Net::Z3950::ZOOM in Ubuntu

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Wed Feb 4 02:06:28 NZDT 2009

Dr Emits <dr.emits at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I installed the latest Ubuntu package today and followed this tutorial:
> http://www.blazingmoon.org/guides/k3-on-u810-1.html
[...]
> I think this may be becuase I just can't seem to install this
> 'Net::Z3950::ZOOM' which seems to be the only think not installing. When I
> try to install it I get the error message:
> "libnet-z3950-zoom-perl:
>  Depends: libyaz3 but it is not going to be installed"
>
> When I try to install libyaz3 I get the following error message:
>
> "libyaz3:
>  Depends: libgnutls13 (>=1.4.0-0) but it is not installable
>  Depends: libicu36  but it is not installable"
>
> A kind fellow on the IRC chat channel provided me with .deb links to the
> above 'uninstallable' packages. The libicu36 one seemed to install fine
> (although cannot be found in the synaptic package manager. libicu38 is
> installed however). The libgnutls13 however did not. (Error: dependency is
> not satifiable: libopencdk10).
>
> What on earth am I to do?

What .deb links to the above 'uninstallable' packages were used? Are
you sure that they were for your Ubuntu?  Which Ubuntu version is it?
The usual way to install third-party .deb packages is to add sources
lines to Synaptic.

So, I think you need to install the right packages for that Ubuntu.
The guide above suggests using debian etch binaries which doesn't seem
right to me. If the libyaz3 in Ubuntu universe at
http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=libyaz3 isn't recent
enough, building it yourself is better.

Package building is a general Ubuntu problem, so you'll get better
help on Ubuntu forums, but I'd use something like apt-get source
libyaz3 \n cd libyaz<TAB> \n dpkg-buildpackage -uc -us binary IIRC. My
company could do it on your server, but it would probably be March
because we're very busy just now.  Sorry.

Hope that helps,
--
MJ Ray (slef)