[Koha] overdue e-mail notice triggers

Nelson Fredsell (nelsonf) nfredsell at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 11:13:15 NZDT 2009

Hello all,
I can't get the overdue notices to trigger using crontab, nor can I generate
the notices manually by running the perl script from the command line in
PuTTY.  !!  We're Koha 3.00.01 using Postfix.  crontab lines include

For testing, I'm trying to generate notices ONLY for my patron type (LIB-S -
superlibrarian) and my branch (CFCE).  Under Home>Administration>Patron
categories only LIB-S patron type is set to Overdue = Yes. All others are
set to Overdue = No.

1) I have overdue items due over several days, Dec 19, 20, 21, 22.  in
Home>Tools>Notice triggers (../overduerules.pl).
2) I have Default library set to Delay NULL and Letters 1,2,3 set to "No
Notice".
3) However, on library CFCE and patron type LIB-S I have Delays set to 6,7,8
(days) on and Letters 1,2,3 set to "Overdue notice" (code is ODUE).

Then I open PuTTY and run the 2 perl scripts listed in the nightly crontab:
1) perl -I /usr/share/koha/lib
/usr/share/koha/bin/cronjobs/overdue_notices.pl -t
2) perl -I /usr/share/koha/lib
/usr/share/koha/bin/cronjobs/process_message_queue.pl

Overdue_notices.pl output looks pretty odd, and indicated 'returns 0 rows
... at line 370' on all passes. Anyway, no e-mails received!  I ran this
yesterday (28-Dec) and would have expected notices on items due 20,21 and
22-Dec because of Delay settings 6,7,8 days.

Take care,
Nelson

implementing a union catalogue
in Cape Town, South Africa.

-----
Nelson Fredsell
nelsonf on Koha IRC
implementing a small, non-profit union catalogue
in Cape Town, South Africa