[Koha] Help needed in Conditional variables passing to templates

nitesh rijal rijal.it at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 18:35:13 NZDT 2009

Hello all.

I am using KOHA 3.0.3 in Debian Lenny.

I am trying to integrate the fulltext viewing option of GSDL in KOHA in a
different way than the existing one.

When we search for a string in KOHA then it displays a list of results. I am
trying to make a link to GSDL fulltext option through KOHA records directly.
In the search results we have a place holder named "ACTION" where I have
placed a link "View Full Text". On clicking the link it goes to the GSDL and
searches the records for the particular author and title. I found that
matching both title and author is not possible in GSDL so I decided to match
just the author and display results.

My main problem is that, I have made a field 953 'a' for storing whether the
particular record has fulltext or not. If the field says "YES" then I need
to display the "View Full Text" link in the "ACTIONS" placeholder of the
search results. I have come to know that we can use <!-- TMPL_IF --> to make
conditional variable passing and displaying, but I am having a problem in
deciding whether the field 953 'a' contains a "YES" or a "NO". How can I
find out that for every record in the current search result.

I have looked into the search.pl and search.tmpl but got no idea from that.

Please Help me.

Thank you.

--
Nitesh Rijal