[Koha] Enable holds

Olugbenga Adara gbengaadara at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 19 00:35:48 NZDT 2009

> > How do i enable hold on items? When i try to place a
> hold on an item
> > koha says "Sorry, none of these items can be placed on
> hold." i have
> > checked my rules and i cant see anywhere i should
> enable holds.
>
> I'd also check the hold policy for your patron category -
> see
> http://koha.org/documentation/manual/3.2/administration/patrons-and-circulation/circulation-and-fines-rules
>  - and the item details for what you're trying to place on
> hold.
> I think the staff interface

Thanks. I've checked both the itemtype and the item details. I've also checked the rules and could not find anything amiss. Trying to place the hold from the staff client gives the error "No copies are available to be placed on hold"

> > i am using koha 3.01.00.032
>
> That looks like a development version from June 2009, says
> http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=en:development:dbrevs:start
> which probably contains some bugs.

I am actually running the vmware image. Which is supposed to be a dev install. Can i upgrade this with the 3.04 i downloaded. The site does not have Internet access so i cant do an online upgrade or install.

Thanks

Olugbenga Adara