[Koha] Batch imports of MARC records for e-books and 099 fields for regular books

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Wed Dec 16 09:08:29 NZDT 2009

2009/12/16 Stacy Pober <stacy.pober at manhattan.edu>:
> Chris,
>
> Thanks so much!
>
> You're right, the $a and $ b fields control the parentheses contents.
>
> Putting a branch code in them fixed the problem.
>
> Is there some documentation that shows what MARC field/subfield is
> used to produce each element of the the patron view of an item record
> in a search result and the same for a detailed item record?
>
> Also useful to know would be which of the item record elements are
> mapped directly from a MARC subfield and which are derived
> (calculated) from data in a subfield.  If that's in some Koha
> documentation, then it would be useful to have.  I couldn't find it in
> either the official Koha or LibLime  Enterprise Koha documents, and I
> did try looking for it before posting to the list.

Hi Stacy

It depends if you are using the XSLT display or not. If you are using
the XSLT display, then you can control what shows by editing the XSL
stylesheets. With the normal display it isn't document except with
comments inside the code.

Maybe Nicole could write that up :) (*running away and hiding now*)

Chris