[Koha] Batch imports of MARC records for e-books and 099 fields for regular books

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Tue Dec 15 12:29:53 NZDT 2009

2009/12/15 Stacy Pober <stacy.pober at manhattan.edu>:
> Hi,
>
>> Check the difference between
>> http://man.waldo.kohalibrary.com/cgi-bin/koha/opac-detail.pl?biblionumber=200959
>> and
>> http://man.waldo.kohalibrary.com/cgi-bin/koha/opac-detail.pl?biblionumber=211657
>
> Yes, the first one was migrated from our Voyager records, the second
> one was imported by me after some tweaking in MarcEdit.
>
> There are four 952 subfields in the migrated record that are not in
> the one I uploaded. Here they are with their contents:
>
> $2 z
> $a MAN
> $b MAN
> $r 2008-05-10
>
> subfields $a and $b are branchcodes, according to the documentation
> (and the contents look appropriate for that, though I think only one
> 'branch' is defined now.
>
> According to the official Koha version's manual,
> <http://koha.org/documentation/manual/3.0/cataloging/item-fields-data-migration>
> Data Migration – Koha Item Fields:
>
> "Source of classification or shelving scheme
> Koha tag: 952$2
>
> "Classification scheme that defines filing rules used for sorting call
> numbers. If no classification scheme is entered, the system will use
> the value entered in the Cataloging preference
> "DefaultClassificationSource"
>
> "Date last seen *
> Koha tag: 952$r
>
> "The last date that the item was last seen in the library (checked in
> / checked out / inventoried)."
>
> I can put in a test record with those fields and see if that makes a
> difference, but I would be surprised if it changed anything.  I did
> test by adding a $t (copy number) subfield of:
> $t 1
> but that didn't change the empty parentheses issue.
>
> I am wondering if the contents of the parenthesis for number of copies
> is a value derived from another field entirely.

I suspect it is because the item has no home or holding branch, can
you do me a favour, just edit one, and set a homebranch and an
holdingbranch, then check if it is doing a count.

(952a and 952b) I know it doesn't really make sense for EBOOKS but
maybe the branch could be EBOOKS :) It tries to count how many items
are available at each branch.

Chris