[Koha] Code4Lib - koha preconference

Brendan Gallagher info at bywatersolutions.com
Sat Dec 12 09:37:14 NZDT 2009

Jodi,  All others on the mailing list

We'd like to go ahead with the Koha preconference session, as a full
day.  Here's what Brendan and I are thinking for a schedule:

Please let Ian or I know who's interested in this and who would like
to join or help out.

Morning:

1. Community introduction, including:
   a.  Managerial Organization of the project
   b.  Recent issues and developments in the community
   c.  KUDOS: Koha users group for the US

2. Roadmap and features in 3.2

3. Roadmap and discussion for designing new features for 3.4, including:
   a.  Performance enhancements
   b.  Circulation enhancements
   c.  Single sign-on CAS
   d.  Course reserves and hourly loans
   e.  other features

Afternoon:

1. Overview of coding guidelines, patch submission and basic Git usage

2. Open Hackfest, including
     a.  Bug squashing (possibly with certificates awarded for each
bug squashed)
     b.  Help with installs, system management etc.
     c.  Documentation of features, existing and proposed

Or, more theoretically, the morning is "where we are and where we're
going", and the afternoon is working on getting there.
Brendan A. Gallagher
ByWater Solutions
CEO, Director of Innovation
Support and Consulting for Open Source Software
Installation, Data Migration, Training, Customization, Hosting
and Complete Support Packages
Headquarters: Santa Barbara, CA - Office: West Haven, CT
Phone # (888) 900-8944
http://bywatersolutions.com
info at bywatersolutions.com