[Koha] version 3.2

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Sat Dec 12 05:40:23 NZDT 2009

Kohn, Karen asked:
> I'm sorry if this has been said and I missed it, but what is the status
> of Koha 3.2?  I looked on the Developer wiki [...]

On there, there is a link to the progress chart http://2tu.us/gqg
which shows 22 unresolved release blockers at the time I write this.
When that reaches zero, then it could release.  From what I know of
one bug there, I think that's going to be January at soonest unless
something changes.

Of the 10 assigned blocker problems, 4 have no patch yet (the Priority
column of the list that appears when you click a number shows PAT if
it has a patch - bugs 2281 2162 3878 3583 don't).  Of the 12 new bugs,
10 are unpatched.  I'm reviewing those 22 now, so the numbers might
change a little.

One way to speed up release is to check those bugs are still current
(some might have been fixed but not retested by a librarian yet,
particularly lower-numbered ones), give examples where none have been
given and things like that.

Another is to sponsor some bugfixes, either directly by hiring a
developer, or indirectly as part of your hosting or support contract,
but then again, none of the above bugs say they're seeking sponsors at
the moment.

Hope that explains,
--
MJ Ray, member of www.software.coop Experts in web and GNU/Linux
(TTLLP # in subject emails = copy to all workers unless asked.)