[Koha] Holding v. Home branch

Kyle Hall kyle.m.hall at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 05:35:02 NZDT 2009

I don't believe that is how it is meant to work. Homebranch is meant
to be the library that owns a given item, whereas holdingbranch is
meant to be the library that is currently in possession of an item.
Usually they will both be the same branch code unless an item is
transferred to another library in your system for some reason.

Are you aware of the "Shelving Location" feature? It you need to
levels, you could go with Collection Code / Shelving Location.

Hope this helps,
Kyle

http://www.kylehall.info
Information Technology