[Koha] Labels - Code 128

Chris Nighswonger cnighswonger at foundations.edu
Fri Dec 11 01:39:30 NZDT 2009

Hi Savitra,

2009/12/9 savitra sirohi <savitra.sirohi at osslabs.biz>

> Hello all,
>
> We have a problem at one of our customers' sites - their barcode scanners
> are not reading the labels generated from Koha.
>
> At this time it looks like the scanner cannot read code 39 labels.
>
> Has anyone experienced this problem? If yes, what was the solution.

It seems most likely that you need to configure the barcode reader to read
Code39. Checkout the users manual for your scanner.

> A related question, Koha does not seem to have an option to generate code
> 128 barcodes, or does it? I know we install the CPAN module
> Barcode::Code128.

Koha will not generate Code128 at the moment. This would be trivial to
implement.

You could, however, print your barcode labels with different software or
have them printed using Code128 and then scan them into Koha.

Kind Regards,
Chris