[Koha] [Koha-devel] How to make z39.50 server

Jonathan Field jonathan.field at ptfs-europe.com
Wed Dec 9 20:48:45 NZDT 2009

If you want your Koha system to be searched as a target you need to set
it up in your koha-conf.xml on the server. If you look at it right now,
it probably has the lines commented out.

If you are then looking to search it FROM Koha (that is, back to
yourself) you need to configure the target as your describe in the
Z39.50 Server Administration. I would make a couple of changes to way
you describe it below though.

 > Z39.50 Server: Healthnet Nepal
 > Hostname: 202.70.88.18 --> You should be able to make this localhost also
 > Port: 9999
 > Database: biblios
 > Userid: kohauser --> NOT required, leave blank
 > Password: zebrastripes --> NOT required, leave blank
 > Checked: 1
 > Rank: 0
 > Syntax: Marc21/USMARC
 > Encoding: MARC-8 --> utf8

The values for the port is found in your koha-conf.xml
<!-- public server runs on tcp -->
<!-- <listen id="publicserver" >tcp:@:9999</listen> -->

in this case 9999. You can change the port number if you wish though.
Jonathan

jonathan.field at ptfs-europe.com
skype: jonathan.field2

http://www.ptfs-europe.com