[Koha] Fwd: Problem with notification sending by koha

nitesh rijal rijal.it at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 18:32:56 NZDT 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: nitesh rijal <rijal.it at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 7:51 PM
Subject: Problem with notification sending by koha
To: koha <koha at lists.katipo.co.nz>, koha-devel <koha-devel at lists.koha.org>

Hello all.

I am using KOHA 3.0.3. I have installed it without using CPAN.

I have set up the notifications format, notification rules and cron jobs for
notifications but I'm unable to send the notifications.

I have sendmail up and working. Moreover, the same cron calculates the fines
very well.

I have tried to run overdue_message.pl and process_messages.pl manually.
They give me no errors and no results as well.

Should I set up a mail server inorder to be enable to use the mailing
functions of KOHA?

I am currently using it on a system with Private IP. Should I use a system
with Public IP???

Please Help.

Thank you.

--