[Koha] Migrating, analyticals and MARC frameworks

Patrick - Biblioteca Casa Balthasar biblioteca at casabalthasar.org
Tue Dec 1 21:24:05 NZDT 2009

Elaine,

Reguarding your second question:

2) Analyticals - we've got lots of them, and they're one of the most

useful features of our database. One of our advisory committee has

suggested that we make a live link between the child record (eg. a

conference paper in a book of proceedings) and the parent record (the

proceedings themselves).  I know where to do this in MARC, but I'm not

sure what should go in there.  How do you put a hotlink between

biblios?  Has anyone tried? Does it use the biblio number as a target?

This feature works great in Koha and is easy enough to do.  Just put the
biblio number in 773$w or 774$w depending on the relationship you want to
establish between records. 773$t, the field for the title is required by
Koha. The rest of the subfields along with the title will be concatenated
into the text that is displayed to your users; here there's a great deal of
flexibility in how you can use and also order the subfields.

Best,
Patrick Redmon