[Koha] XML cataloging

marijane white marijane.white at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 08:46:57 NZST 2009

The reference manual implies that Koha once supported formats other than
MARC, and the setting for this is still described in the manual.  I'm
curious about what happened with this feature, and what happens if you
change the setting in current versions of Koha, does anyone know?  Is it
totally broken in current versions, or what?

I would love it if I could use Koha with a non-MARC database.  I have a
collection that absolutely *must* be cataloged with a proprietary database
schema and I am skeptical that a crosswalk to MARC will retain all the
metadata I need.  The only other ILS system I've identified that would allow
me to not use MARC is Inmagic's Library Suite, and that's only with the
assistance of their Professional Services group.