[Koha] Difficulties encountered as a newbie in KOHA

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Mon Aug 17 20:22:28 NZST 2009

Nadel Catura <caturan at canlubang.dlsu.edu.ph>
> #1 On adding records, which we understand as the items in the library
> itself such as books, Yes, we can add thru the module Cataloguing > Add
> MARC Record, then Save and Add Item. However, when we try to access this
> newly added item using the Search bar, we always get this message,
>
> No results found
> Biblios in reservoir
> None
>
> Is the item really not added in the Biblios Reservoir?
> If so, how can we add this item to the Biblios Reservoir?
> We are confused.

Why would they be in the Reservoir?  The Reservoir is a pool of
records that you've uploaded into Koha in order to link those records
to materials that you own.  It is not the catalogue.

If items appear to be adding OK, but can't be found in search, are you
using the indexing server (zebra) and is it running and updating OK?
This has to be configured separately from MySQL and Koha
configuration.  Look for zebrasrv in the process list and look for a
cron job or scheduled task that runs a zebra pl script.

To be more help, I suspect we'd need version numbers and a fuller
description of the steps taken.

> #2 On displaying all the records, which is we call here in our libraries
> the "Accession Record", where can we view this?

In "Reports" I think.  Some Acquisitions reports are wizarded, but others
can be created as custom reports.  If you write a good custom report,
please add it to http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=sql_library

Hope that helps,
--
MJ Ray (slef)  LMS developer and webmaster at     | software