[Koha] Independent Branches that share patrons

Martin Longo jmlongo at uncu.edu.ar
Fri Aug 14 09:59:01 NZST 2009

Hello there....

I'm running Koha 3.00.01.005. I have set up 11+ branches and turned
IndependentBranches ON to increase security between those branches
regarding the renewals/returns/issues of items from other branches. This
works great.

The thing is that the patrons from one library are allowed to borrow
items from the others, but setting IndependentBranches ON makes that
staff members from one branch cannot 'see' patrons from another branch
... and then... they cannot borrow items to them

ie.. staff members from Branch A can only search and find patrons from
Branch A, and not from Branch B, so it not posible that a patron
registered at Branch B borrow an item which hamebranch is Branch A

Can I keep branches independent allowing them to share the patrons?

Thank in advance

--
Ing. J. Martin Longo
Depto. Gestion Informatica